Alghero’s best August Events and things to do
The warm embrace of summer envelops the small and lively town of Alghero, reaching its peak with the celebrations of August. The Catalan town becomes the ideal place to spend an unforgettable summer, with its white sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and rich cultural heritage.
During August, Alghero brings festival that combines tradition and fun, attracting visitors from every corner of the world to discover a land full of history and charm. Will you be in Alghero for August? Here’s what you shouldn’t miss!
The main events of August and Ferragosto in Alghero
The AlgheroExperience 2023 calendar includes a series of events and shows from July to September. Not to be missed are the August appointments, which include concerts featuring some of the most important names in Italian music, stand-up comedy, and theatrical performances.
All the concerts and shows in August in Alghero
- 2 August – Francesca Michielin
- 3 August – Angelo Pintus “Bau”
- 3 Augst – Duo cameristico Dimitri-Oliviero
- 4 August – Verdena & Zen Circus
- 5 August – Zarro Night | Il party dance anni 90/2000
- 7 August – Matt Bianco | concert
- 8 August – La Dame Blanche | Opening NEIA DENDÊ e BUJUMANNU
- 9 August – Stefano Bollami | Solo Piano
- 10 August – Nino & La Balena (on the boat) / Tazenda Silent Concert (Neptune’s caves)
- 11 August – Mannarino
- 12 August – TeenAge Dream (Reliving the 2000s through Disney Channel’s hits.)
- 16 August – Piccola Orchestra Avion Travel
- 16 August – Mr. Rain
- 17 August – Mario Venuti
- 18 August – Barbascura
- 19 August – Special night with Dardust + Daddy G Massive Attack
- 20 August – Enrico Brignano “Ma Diamoci del tu”
- 22 August – Voglio Tornare Negli Anni `90 | The most beloved ’90s format in Italy.
- 23 August – Umberto Smaila and his band
- 25 August – Andrea Dominici
- 27 August – Filippo Giardina in CABARET
OTHER AUGUST EVENTS
➡️ Festival dall’Altra parte del mare | 24 – 26 August
- The literary festival born in Alghero and dedicated to books, writers and stories.
➡️ Mamatita Festival | 30.08 – 10.09
- Street theatre, new circus shows, urban and touring performances, contemporary theatre and urban circus workshops.
➡️ FESTES 31 DE AGOST | 31 August
- Concert of songs from Alghero
August on the beach in Alghero
Alghero, with its breathtaking coastline, offers a postcard-perfect scenery, with majestic cliffs, secluded coves, and beaches with unreal colors. The beaches of Bombarde, Lazzaretto, Maria Pia, and Mugoni are just some of the gems of this coast.
Imagine diving into these beautiful waters and exploring the seabed while snorkeling or perhaps going on a stand-up paddleboarding excursion.
During the Ferragosto period (as the italians calls the august holidays), these places become the heart of summer, where everyone can enjoy the natural beauty and spend long days at the sea.
Activities to Do in August in Alghero
Besides relaxing on the beaches and immersing yourself in local traditions, there are numerous opportunities to make your experience even more memorable.
1. Water sports: thanks to its coastline and crystal-clear waters, Alghero is a paradise for water sports enthusiasts. From surfing lessons to exciting kayaking excursions, there are activities for all tastes.
2. Boat excursions: renting a boat or participating in organised excursions is an excellent opportunity to discover the wonders of the Gulf of Alghero.
3. Evening strolls: At sunset the city comes alive with a romantic atmosphere. Walking along the ancient walls or the promenade while the sun dips into the sea is a magical and romantic experience.
4. Shopping and local craftsmanship: Explore the streets of the old town for shopping and discovering local craftsmanship. You can find unique products, such as genuine red coral, a true emblem of the Riviera, along with the specialities of Sardinian craftsmanship.
6.Excursions and trekking: The territory of Porto Conte Park offers numerous opportunities for excursions and trekking. Walks through the Mediterranean scrub, with spectacular views and the tranquility of untouched nature.
7. Food and eno-gastronomic itineraries: A place where seafood blends with the cuisine of the land. Alghero offers a perfectly balanced mix of typical products from the agro-pastoral culture and the fresh catches from the sea. Not to be missed are the restaurants in the historic center that offer seafood specialties, while agriturismi (farmhouse restaurants) serve traditional Sardinian cuisine. Here’s what to eat in Alghero.
Alghero in August offers a myriad of activities and opportunities to make the most of summer. From water sports to panoramic excursions, every moment spent in this enchanting city will be an unforgettable experience.
A perfect mix of fun, culture, and relaxation awaits you in Alghero during August. Precious moments that will make you desire to come back to this enchanting corner to spend your august holidays in Sardinia.
➡️ ➡️ Book your stay with us